Tuesday 3 July 2018

Ashley Graham: 'I sometimes still hear gasps when I'm on a runway'.

The model fronts the cover of Harper's Bazaar August 2018 issue.

Ashley Graham is no stranger to speaking her mind.

The model and activist is continuing to change the fashion industry one Instagram snap, runway show and magazine cover at a time as an advocate of body confidence. 

Although the 30-year-old has become famous for her curves, which have seen her walk for designers such as Michael Kors, Christian Siriano, Prabal Gurung and Dolce & Gabbana, she recently told Harper's Bazaar that there is still a long way to go to make average body sizes 'the norm' on the runway. 

"You know, I sometimes still hear gasps when I turn the corner on a runway" she told the magazine, as she fronts their August 2018 issue.  

"But it’s creating a conversation. I may be the only curvy girl in a show, but I feel that I am representing the majority of women when I’m wearing that dress."



By Sabrina Carder.
Full story at Standard.




No comments:

Post a Comment